The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development awarded $36 million in grants to hundreds of national, regional and local organizations to cover the costs of providing housing counseling services, including HECM counseling.
Among the national HECM counseling intermediaries, HUD awarded the following amounts to cover HECM counseling, and a range of additional services:
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation ($2,634,743)
- Money Management International ($1,787,444)
- Greenpath ($1,413,935)
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling ($1,333,607)
- Homefree ($1,145,186)
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions ($1,129,073)
- National Council on Aging ($390,456)
- Springboard ($320,171)
HUD is also establishing a new Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee comprising 12 individuals from various backgrounds to offer advice to the Department regarding the functions of the Office of Housing Counseling.