During the week of April 18th, NRMLA hosted a series of online educational sessions to teach Realtors, healthcare workers, financial advisors and other professionals how reverse mortgages work and how they can help meet their clients’ financial needs.
Recordings and presentations from NRMLA’s Education Week events are posted below and can be shared with interested professionals.
- Planning for the Costs of Aging
- Managing the costs of aging, Barbara Howard, Prof. of Gerontology, Univ. of Bridgeport
- Strategic Uses of Home Equity in Retirement, Jamie Hopkins, Co-Director, NY Life Center for Retirement Income, American College of Financial Services
- Overview of Reverse Mortgages, Dan Hultquist, NRMLA Education Committee
- What to Expect When Selling a Home Subject to a Reverse Mortgage
- Webcast interview with reverse mortgage loan servicing experts Leslie Flynne and Steve Irwin
- Meeting Your Clients’ Needs with a Reverse Mortgage
- The Many Benefits of Reverse Mortgages, Lorraine Geraci, NRMLA Education Committee
- Purchasing a Home with a Reverse Mortgage, Craig Barnes, NRMLA Education Committee
- Reverse Mortgage Overview, Dan Hultiquist, NRMLA Education Committee
- Deferring Social Security with a Reverse Mortgage, Suzette Blackburn, Capstar Financial
- Recent Developments in HECM and Reverse Mortgage Lending
- HECM Program and Policy Updates
Contact NRMLA’s Director of Public Relations, Jenny Werwa, with questions about Reverse Mortgage Education Week.
American Society on Aging
Planning for the Costs of Aging
A webinar with the American Society on Aging featuring nationally recognized gerontologist Barbara Howard, leading retirement income planning expert Jamie Hopkins, and NRMLA’s Education Committee Co-Chair, Dan Hultquist.
Watch a recording of the webinar
National Association of Realtors
What to Expect When Selling a Home Subject to a Reverse Mortgage
A Webcast with the National Association of Realtors featuring loan servicing expert Leslie Flynne and NRMLA’s EVP, Steve Irwin.
Watch a recording of the webcast
An Online Educational Event for Professionals who Work with Seniors
Meeting Your Clients’ Needs with a Reverse Mortgage
A presentation from NRMLA’s Education Committee Co-Chair Dan Hultquist, Education Committee members Lorraine Geraci and Craig Barnes, and financial expert Suzette Blackburn of CapStar Financial.
The Many Benefits of a Reverse Mortgage
Presented by Lorraine Geraci
Using a Reverse Mortgage to Purchase a Home
Presented by Craig Barnes
Mortgage Bankers Association
Recent Developments in HECM and Reverse Mortgage Lending
A webinar with the Mortgage Bankers association featuring NRMLA’s Executive Vice President Steve Irwin who provided participants with an overview of HECM policy changes and new consumer protections for borrowers and spouses.
Watch a recording of the slideshow