Housing counseling agencies can learn about funding opportunities, including HUD programs and non-HUD sources, that can be used to enhance counseling services, during an online webinar hosted by the Department of Housing and Urban Development on Tuesday, April 17, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm EDT.
The webinar — HUD Housing Counseling Program Diversification of Funding Sources Webinar – is open to existing HUD-approved counseling agencies and agencies interested in seeking HUD approval. Additional webinars are being planned to help counseling agencies promote awareness of, and drive demand for, the services they provide in their communities:
- April 13, 2018 – Maintaining Your Social Media: Learn the ways to properly maintain an ongoing social media presence, and how to be effective with your posting schedule to understating how to draw insight from your social media analytics.
- April 20, 2018 – Fun Tips and Tools: Learn about social media management. With this webinar, we’ll dive into at all the tips and tools that help a social media manager remain efficient.
- May 04, 2018 – Advancing Your Content Strategy: Learn the ways to take your social media outreach to the next level. With this webinar, we’ll discuss the types of content that will help you stand out in overcrowded social media feeds and how to begin advertising on Facebook and Twitter.
- May 11, 2018 – Media Relations: Get the fundamental steps to prepare you for local media outreach. Learn how to identify what media to contact, who to contact, how to create a local media contact list and best practices.
- May 18, 2018 – Press Release Tips: This webinar covers the essentials for using press releases to communicate with the local media. It provides detailed examples and step-by-step instruction on how to write, distribute and pitch a press release that the media will find worth reading.
- TBD – Establishing Your Social Media Channels: Think of this as a “Social Media 101” webinar, where you’ll learn the basics of social media management. We’ll explore ways to set up a Facebook and Twitter page for your agency and the ways in which you can post to social media to begin reaching consumers online.