Due to Covid-19, 71 percent of Americans anticipate the pandemic to impact their retirement plans, with Gen X expecting to be hit the most (76 percent), according to a recent survey conducted by TD Ameritrade.
- 51 percent of those surveyed say they are more open to look for a job in retirement in order to save on costs;
- 72 percent will prioritize saving for retirement once the Covid-19 pandemic is over;
- 76 percent agree that receiving another stimulus check would be helpful in staying on track with their retirement savings.
- 46 percent anticipate a financial impact on their retirement due to the Covid-19 pandemic; and
- 32 percent mistakenly believe that they need to repay their stimulus check next tax season.