Darryl Hicks, Vice President, Communications
National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association
For Immediate Release:
(Washington, DC-November 16, 2018)-The Board of Directors of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association unanimously elected Reza Jahangiri of American Advisors Group and Scott Norman of Finance of America Reverse to serve as co-chairs of the association from now until the 2019 Annual Meeting.
Jahangiri, who was first elected co-chairman in 2014, is the founder and chief executive officer of AAG, based in Orange, CA. Jahangiri has served on the Board of Directors since 2013.
Based in Austin, TX, Norman is the vice president of Field Retail & Government Relations for FAR and the driving force behind the original campaign to amend the Texas Constitution to authorize reverse mortgages in the state in 1999. Norman was first elected to the Board of Directors in 2012.
In addition to Jahangiri and Norman, NRMLA congratulates the following individuals for being elected officers:
- Jason McNamara, Celink – Vice Chair
- Jim Cory, Live Well Financial – Vice Chair
- Mike Kent, Liberty Home Equity Solutions – Secretary
- Mike McCully, New View Advisors – Treasurer
- Joe DeMarkey, Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC – Chairman, Executive Committee
NRMLA also welcomes four new Directors to the 2018-2019 Board:
- Harlan Accola, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, Marshfield, WI
- Terry Connealy, Mutual of Omaha Bank, Omaha, NE
- Scott Harmes, C2 Financial Corporation, San Diego, CA
- Elly Johnson, United Northern Mortgage Bankers Ltd., Levittown, NY
- Jim Milller, Champion Mortgage, Irving, TX
To view a complete list of Board members, click here.
About the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association
The National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA) is the national voice for the industry and represents the lenders, loan servicers, and housing counseling agencies responsible for more than 90 percent of reverse mortgage transactions in the United States. All NRMLA member companies commit themselves to a Code of Ethics & Professional Responsibility. Learn more at www.nrmlaonline.org.