The Federal Housing Administration updated its Housing Policy Handbook 4000.1 this week and while most of the changes only impact FHA’s forward mortgage program, there are a few changes that affect both forward and reverse.
Section 1—Doing Business With FHA
- Unique Entity Identifier. All FHA-approved Mortgagees must register for and obtain an active Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) at www.SAM.gov. The registration data must include the tax identification number, institution’s name, and home office geographic address found in the Institution Profile in Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP). For entities seeking FHA approval, the UEI must be provided as a part of the FHA approval application.
- Change in Corporate Officer. Mortgagees must submit a Change Request to FHA when updating Corporate Officer information, including:
- A letter, signed by a Corporate Officer, that informs FHA of the change;
- A resume of the new Corporate Officer covering the last seven years; and
- TRMCR (not applicable for supervised FHA-approved entities)
Both of these changes have an effective date of April 18, 2023. If we come across additional changes that impact HECM lenders and servicers, we’ll announce that information.